Where's Waldo =D

Alright recently on Facebook (to those who are my Facebook friends) I commented that my job in the inventory management/pack down job was like a game of "Where's Waldo." This is completely true but let me explain to you all about how much I would prefer if I wasn't surrounded by idiots. It all comes down to looking at a shelf and thinking what would an idiot do? For instance: 

My team's job is to identify the outs on the shelves in all the departments in the store. We start this about 5am in the morning. We take our scan gun and make a list for the department's associates so they will know that an empty spot is in their shelf. OKay, are you with me so far?

Mkay, now if there are two spots on the shelf for a product and only one spot is empty, then we do not put this on the list. Everything else goes on the list.

After we finish making the list the other associates are supposed to go back through and fill the holes in their department but most of the time they come to us and say we can't find the product can you look for us?

So here my team goes, into the departments to find the product for people who work in that department.

(If you're wondering if I'm being sarcastic...I am. Also, if you're wondering why I'm explaining this all to you, well just wait. The good parts coming.)

 

 Picture Okay, the red square is the spot that needs product put in it. The empty hole. Okay people will come back to us needing help for things that are right here in the blue circle. And as if it isn't bad enough we have people (who put the product on the shelf for a living) and like to shove the product back behind where the yellow arrow is. Now here's the kicker,  the yellow arrow product sometimes is a Barbie, yet people time and time again, will shove a stuffed blue elephant behind the barbies. It's a wonder that anyone can find the stupid product because no one ever puts it in the right place. Its not rocket science people! This is like kindergarten and when you do this crap.....well your frieking licking the windows with your helmet on.

THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE REASONS WHY MY JOB DESCRIPTION SHOULD ALWAYS INCLUDE: I PLAY "WHERE IS WALDO?" FOR A LIVING.


BAHAHA

Comments

Popular Posts